Mamuta at the Daniela Passal Art & Media Center
Call for Applications for Artist’s Workspace
Deadline:15.12.11 – Expected entrace: End of January 2012
Visual artists, sound artists, designers, architects, curators, and researchers in the arts, are invited to submit applications for a workspace at Mamuta.
Recipients of the workspace will be entitled to the following:
- A workspace in the open studio or in the labs
- Access to video, sound, and electronics labs; wood workshop
- Opportunity to participate in Mamuta’s enrichment workshops for a nominal fee
- Support and professional guidance on technical and artistic matters
- Encounters with artists, curators, and researchers from Israel and abroad
- Funding opportunities for project development.
Mamuta’s expectations of participating artists:
- Attendance at your workspace at least 16 weekly hours
- Readiness to conduct artistic dialogue with guests and residents of the house
- Participation in the development of the Mamuta Project
- Eagerness to take part in artistic projects produced by the Center
In order to submit your application, please fill in the following form:
To send video please do it or by post or via YOUSENDIT.com (more details here).
For further information please contact us
Submissions deadline for first committee: Decenber 15, 2011
- Earliest entrance date: January 15, 2012
*Please note that applications may be submitted throughout the year. The applications review committee, comprised of people from the artistic field, meets once every six months.
About the Mamuta Project
The Mamuta Project at the Daniela Passal Art & Media Center is a center for artistic creation, encounters, research, and display of art. The Center is comprised of artists’ workspaces; video, sound, and electronics labs; guest apartments; and a wood, metal, and plastics workshop. The goal of the project is to advance individual art projects and to create a forum for artists from different media, as well as curators, architects, designers, and researchers, who wish to create in the spirit of cooperation, dialogue, and technological innovation.
Mamuta at the Daniela Passal Art & Media Center offers guidance and support for the development of its artists’ individual projects, and initiates and produces projects at the Center (El-Dan House, Ein Kerem) as well as at other sites in and outside of Jerusalem—in cooperation with institutions and individuals in Israel and abroad. The project is dedicated to creating conditions for developing an active community of artists, allowing for personal development alongside collaborative work, through an engagement with the place and time.
Mamuta is a collaborative project of Sala-Manca Group and the Jerusalem Foundation
The Daniela Passal Art & Media Center, El-Dan House, 59 Madregot Habikur Street, Ein Kerem